The Phoenix Park is home to nearly 500 Fallow Deer who roam freely throughout the grounds. The present day herd is descended from deer brought into the park in 1662.
The gardens in the Phoenix Park Visitors’ Centre are buzzing with the sound of bees! Listen to the Phoenix Park Bee Keepers discuss their award winning honey.
The Furry Glen is a conservation area located in the south-west corner of the Phoenix Park, near Knockmaroon Gate.
Farmleigh’s walled garden is a feast for the senses. Dating back to the early 19th Century, the gardens are home to a beautiful array of flowers and plants.
The gardens were originally established in 1840 as the Promenade Grounds. They provide an opportunity for visitors to view Victorian horticulture at its finest.
The Citadel Pond was formed in the remains of a moat, which once enclosed a large, star-shaped fort. The fort was removed in the 19th Century, but the hollow remained as a water feature.